How Your CSA Membership Works: Store Credits & Payment Plans | Winter 2021/22
Your store credits are what you use to order food in this CSA. Once your account is set up, you will have access to 100% of your CSA credits for the entire season that runs until the end of March. You can always find your store credits in the shopping cart icon in the top right corner once you are logged in.
- You can order as little or as much as you like each week. Your CSA credits are available to use at your own pace *until the CSA ends*. You’ll be able to see your CSA credit balance each week when you log in to order on the website.
- Your CSA credits are automatically calculated in the online store and are only charged for the food you order.
- Example: You have $500 credits and order $50 worth of food. Your store credit balance automatically gets deducted by $50 credits, leaving you with $450 credits for future orders.
- Each week is completely optional to order and you can skip any week, but please remember that CSA credits expire when the CSA ends. Unused credits at the end of the season are not refunded, wholly or partially, or rolled over into future seasons.
- If you are concerned you may not use all of your credits by the end of March, you can downgrade your CSA membership to a smaller CSA share any time before December 28 (the smallest share we offer is $630 credits). After December 28, all memberships are set for the season and cannot be downgraded.
If you signed up for a weekly or monthly payment plan, you paid a 5% down payment when you joined. Your payment plan began at the beginning of December and continues each week/month throughout the winter until your membership is paid up.
If you paid in full before the CSA began, your account is already paid up for the whole season and no further payments will be charged (so this section doesn't apply to you).
Payment plan basics:
Payments are charged in equal amounts on an automatic schedule every pay period (week or month) until your membership’s payment plan is paid in full.
- There are 18 weekly payments or 4 monthly payments.
Payment plans are a completely separate system from your CSA credits:
- Payment plans are paid automatically in equal payments each pay period regardless of how much you order. This pays for your CSA membership.
- Your CSA credits in the online store are used separately to keep track of how much you have ordered and how many credits you have remaining.